Sunday, August 10, 2008

The TV Is Chanting

Well, there's this kids' cartoon and I like the animation.
But right now, they're chanting stupid things.

I was bestowed a book...

(image borrowed from here)

I might sink into my new bed and read it all up.
Though I wish I was at the beach with it.
Nonetheless, it IS Jimi Hendrix.
Very very exciting for me!

In any case, here's a list of books I wanna cop.


(image from here)

The Fashion Book
I think it's always good to keep strong or historical images near. Then you can easily go back to them and re-discover things when you get new sparks. Keep the ideas flowing!



(image from here)

Sex and the City: Movie Book
Needless to say, the movie blew alot of women off their lacy knickers. And unknowingly, I bawled my eyes out like a useless thing. I can't begin to describe how Patricia Field sharply put the entire wardrobe together with so much details and looking so effortless. It is such a poignant take on all the clothes available through high-end designers or thrift shopping.


(image from here)

The Bob Dylan Encyclopedia
A very talented American music, who by the way is a legend and is still alive. He is one of those people that make me wish I could have the power of mind-reading. His advocates are so beyond me that they also make me stop and go, "WHOA." If reading is too heavy, please do yourself a favour and watch "I'm Not There". It attempts to show the some what multiple personalities of him, which his all just his mental frame. (I just tried to put that whole movie in a sentence and it does no justice to it, by the way.)



(image from here)

Touching From A Distance: Ian Curtis and Joy Division
Vocalist and Lyricist from Joy Division, Ian Curtis was a young man who committed suicide at the age of 23. Torn between his two loves, his wife and music, the man behind the song, "Love Will Tear Us Apart" left the world before being able to enjoy the fruits of his success. I've deep respect for him and his desire to embrace his loves. For me, it's how do you get that engulfed by your passion.


Just to make things a little fashion-y,
here are the ways of Jimi Hendrix and his get ups.
Notice how his influences travel beyond music, into fashion and graphics!


(image from here)


(image from here)
Watch 'em fierce fiercely layered jackets.


(image from here)
Many elements, pick one to jazz up your outfit for tomorrow!
1. Have a printed scarf round your arm.
2. Heavy ruffles can be paired with any basics. Special and not too heavy.
3. Chunky rings put small but effective details to an outfit!


'nuff for now.

No comments: