Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Agyness Deyn


(Source: Wiki)

Aged 25, she's got the title "The Next Great Supermodel" plastered all over. In fact, I think she's almost a household name in certain areas of this world. Well, she definitely is a breath of fresh air which I always appreciate. That's how I like things, uncommonly beautiful. But that's also my bane, uncommon. I like things quaint and by that I mean quietly yet distinctive and still beautiful in its way. I don't like it all over, I like underground, undiscovered, unhyped, UN-. i am making sense yes? So then, Agyness Deyn is a little love - hate for me.

Her recent works with iD and Reebok makes me feel that she's selling out. But maybe that's just mean. Cos everything and everyone can come together in any angle to create something good! Like said in Dr Seuss's new movie - Horton, "A person's a person, no matter how small." Like, don't resist, don't shut off. Try and you'll never know.

Well, maybe it's my issues and me. The entire 'indie is cool' just makes me boil. For the record of evolution and whatever, Indie = Independent. It is not a genre of style or vibe. It just means independent.

No matter the what-nots, with such a name, how do you not be something wi'keed?! I say, go and be free-spirited however you enjoy things!



Zse, how strong.

No comments: