Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I am Deprived.

With shoe raffia budget level, shopping is not wise. Not one bit wise at all! However, I realised that this year is the beginning of many weddings. As much as it's joyous and it leaves you temporarily paralyzed in warm heartening moments, it also brings the notion of what to wear. Very important for sure, no? So here I am, at the start of 8 weddings for the year (auspicious huh!), fretting about the correct purchases that'll take me through all the 8 extremely different weddings.

Right, I did say different. Although it's in tiny-ly sunny Singapore, I'm not referring to varying location or environment. It's more like, the atmosphere and mood of the event or my responsibility for respective weddings. Just to give an example. Next Friday will see me in 3 changes of outfits, even though I'm not the bride! One for the morning of torturing the groom and his boys. Another for the solemnisation and dinner. Last one for the after-party. PHEW!

Having to take in account that we'll all be running up and down to get things done, it was a bundle of tough choices. Plus, there was a colour code too! Well, I do appreciate colour codes cos they set the tone and it'll make things fun.

Now, I have a white dress that came without a zip and an unwanted bad stain on the chest area for the morning sessions. Then, for night, I have a lovely teal knee-length dress from Swirl for the night. I feel kinda sorted, since they'd be rather comfortable. Helping the bride get dressed and doing reception, yadder yadders. Problem is, S-H-O-E-S!!! Oh man, I don't know what to match them with!!!! And, I really don't want to spend. Oh boy, Oh boy.

But I figured if I could borrow from friends, it'll make things alot better! I believe in sharing. Remember, Sharing is Caring! Most importantly, with sharing as a bunch, your friends and you get to grab more lovely things since the budget is expanded. So, start choosing your friends by sizes! Ok, really kidding on that.

Oh, sorry for making such a bimbotic sounding post. But I figured that many couples are gonna be getting married in the coming months and years. Especially with playing the dates and their numerical "values". Happy searching and make sure they take you through comfortably for the day and for your wallets.

So stuck on the shnopping (Shopping x Snooping) bug, I found MATTER! I think their range of products have alot of thought and it shows when I catch myself checking my account balance to make sure I can't afford to shop. Ah-Hem. Well, maybe you should or could do some kaching-love?


Lace Tape, USD$10.
I would love to put this all over my notebooks!
But I'd kill to have them over some black&white photos, yum!




Giant Sketch, USD$1300.
"4000 sheets of recycled paper bound in black buckrum.
This multi functional book has it all; space for endless sketching, use as a seat or a side table. Edition of 20 signed and numbered by the designer."

Initially, I couldn't tell what it was from the image.
Now, I'm wondering if I could make a smaller version of my own. Surely not as impressive, but imagine the ENDLESS fun!

No comments: